Monday, April 08, 2013

Beautiful: Teaching girls soccer

By now, anyone reading this blog knows of my passion for coaching soccer and especially for coaching girls soccer--going on now for over 20 years.  This has been an exceptionally rewarding part of my life, with extensions to my professional life as well.  I have also been incredibly lucky to have created friendships with hundreds of girls and their families over the years.  Many of my alumnae are still in touch, and I find myself writing recommendations for them for college and graduate school and for jobs (and hiring several of them!)

Now comes a fantastic Kickstarter project entitled, Beautiful: Teaching girls soccer the Boston Breakers way.  This professional women's team has joined up with producer Ralph Ranalli to produce two videos--one for coaches and one for parents--chock full of ideas for effective coaching of girls.  These are products that will become the standard for years to come, but only if we fund it.

There is only a short time left.  Please help with a generous contribution.

I dare you to watch the video on the site and then not contribute!  Here's a sample:

(Click here if you cannot see the video.)

 

No comments: